Our Services| Employment Center
"The mission of the Employment Program at the Colorado AIDS Project is to improve the lives of people living with HIV and AIDS by empowering them to begin, continue, and/or maintain the work entry and re-entry process as they move toward self-sufficiency and independence."
Who is eligible?
Any HIV+ person living in the 10 county Denver Metropolitan Area, which is comprised of the following counties: Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Elbert, Gilpin, Jefferson, and Park.
Individualized Assistance: Work one-one-one with an employment consultant to maximize your success, including:
• Create or update your resume
• Career Counseling
• Practice for job interviews
• Job Search Planning
• Job Listings & Referrals
• 4 fully stocked Dell PC desktop computers with word processor, spreadsheet, and database capability.
• Free printing services – resume paper available!
• Internet Access - free e-mail accounts, upload your resume, search for jobs and apply online!
• Resume Software - Need a resume in a hurry? Automated resume software is also available.
Financial Literacy Classes – Learn how to master your money and build financial security
• Monthly Workshops: Resume Writing, Interviewing, Online Applications, Staffing Agencies, Training, Financial Aid and more
Access to Resource Referrals
• WIA: Special funding for training, clothes, bus passes, & wage subsidies
• Workforce Centers: Computer, keyboarding, and job search training, Internet/E-mail, reading, math and other assessments, Financial Management, salary negotiation classes, ex-offender training.
• Interview Clothes and items needed for work: Talk to Employment Program Coordinator about your needs for information about resources available.